Swatch Comparison: Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 27 & Maybelline Fit Me Foundation 210 Sandy Beige

11:10:00 PM mandy 6 Comments

I received an email from a blog reader a couple of days ago. I've gotten one or two way back when, but haven't gotten many recently. But this was so exciting! I know many of my readers are silent readers [I am too!], but if there is anything you're interested in knowing right away just ask! I don't bite. Especially not since we're communicating through the internet, of course. :] If I can answer you, I definitely will!

In her e-mail, the...my?...reader...she asked about a base product shade comparison, as you probably already saw the title of this post! I wonder why I haven't thought to do this earlier...Before I even think about buying a foundation or any base product at that, I search high and low to compare swatches all the time! I remember I had a difficult time finding photos of Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.27 too (but this was when Missha had introduced this shade maybe a short while before I got the product).

I got this last September/October during Missha's Labor Day event. I already tried a sample of their BB Cream in No.23 and felt it was too gray and pink for my skin & at the time No. 31 had been out a while and judging from swatches/videos it seemed way too dark for my skin. Luckily they came out with the No.27 - Honey Beige. It seemed like the best option for me. However, when I went to Google...I really didn't come across any swatches of the then new shade. I was even more surprised when she mentioned she had no luck finding swatches to compare either and it is a good 6+ months later!


When it's all spread out like this, there is a pretty clear difference between the two products. One is clearly peachier and the other more yellow/golden.

However, when it is actually applied and blended, I could hardly tell the difference. I'd say that Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 210 Sandy Beige and Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No.27 Honey Beige are very similar in color. It isn't spot on identical though. But, of course, no one will be wearing the two [if they have both] at the same time on different sides of their face on a regular basis. This is just to show how similar they are in color! I've never been shade matched at MAC Cosmetics for their NC/NW color system so I'm not sure how these two compares to a MAC foundation per say. If anyone knows their MAC shade and also uses either or one of these two products, I'll add it to the post for future readers!


I cannot really give a review of the two base products because honestly, I have quite a lot of BB Creams and foundations in my collection and I don't wear them all the time. So I don't have many opinions on either...yet!

I haven't swatched all the base products that I have together yet but it will be another task for me this summer! Especially since I don't review my makeup items as often as I should be, at least leaving swatches for my readers is the least I could do! Again...If there is anything you're interested in just let me know. Don't be afraid to ask! I know how that feels too!

6 comments:

  1. I think the Maybelline one looks nicer but I'm kind of anti-Missha. I don't understand the hype. Though to be fair I've only tried that popular one everyone tries when they first get into bb creams. haha
    Nice side-by-side comparison, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Missha because of all the hype a few years ago too. But since this particular BB Cream was "free" I couldn't help give up the chance :X

      Delete
  2. Whoa! The Missha one looks kind of orange compared to the Maybelline one. I've been wanting to try the Smashbox BB cream -- heard great things about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When swatch it does look kind of orange, but I couldn't even tell the difference when I applied it side by side on my face! I haven't heard much about that BB Cream but I might go snag myself a sample the next time I'm by a Sephora if you say there are lots of good reviews about it! :D

      Delete
  3. i haven't had too much luck with bb creams.. sometimes i feel like it makes me too white and sometimes it has like a gray cast to it.. and other times i feel like it just doesn't give me the coverage i love with foundation.. i tried missha a couple of times but it just didn't seem to work very well if my skin i dunno why because i know it's quite popular.. but thanks for showing us the swatches i've always been curious about maybelline's fit me foundation :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! When I was first starting with makeup and such I went straight to BB Creams and a lot of the shades just disappointed me or it didn't look natural enough. But now I'm stuck with so many that I haven't really used and should probably throw away :( Ah...perhaps foundations are the way to go for me too? :\

      Delete