Wandering Tales | Bear Mountain

1:42:00 PM mandy 0 Comments

Besties and I had to make those getaway plans we always talk about happen before two out of us four parted for the summer. Since there was only a small time frame available, we were able to squeeze in a 2-night 3-day trip to Bear Mountain State Park (just a 1.5-2ish hour drive from NYC). I forgot how we concluded to doing something naturey but it was a much needed break for all of us regardless of where we were going. I think most city folk usually go to Bear Mt. for just a day-trip. But we really wanted to get away without being that far since it was our first trip together. Plus there is always the whole family-worrying issue.

Although we toyed with the idea of staying somewhere through AirBnB, we ended up booking a room at the Overlook Lodge at Bear Mountain. It wasn't too bad price-wise and it was where we wanted to be. Our plan was to hike until we were all hiked out (at least that was my plan for the trip).
Bear Mountain Overlook Lodge Entrance
Bear Mountain Stone Cottages
Bear Mountain
Bear Mountain
Bear Mountain
Bear Mountain
Bear Mountain
In the end we didn't get to climb all the way to the top or hike the longest trail. But...the point was we did something we don't normally get to do. It didn't help our plans when the weather decided to be gloomy and rainy during our stay. Ehh, what can you do about mother nature? Next time! I'll get to the top, just you wait.

Palisades Mall
Palisades Mall
Palisades Mall
There really isn't much to eat at or right by Bear Mountain so we made a trip to the nearest (I think) mall to grab dinner. Sure, go and call me a city girl but this was the biggest mall I have ever seen. It had amusement rides and everything!

The Cheeesecake Factory
Palisades Mall Cheesecake Factory Steak Diane Herb Crusted Salmon Palisades Mall Cheesecake Factory Chicken Costoletta Palisades Mall Cheesecake Factory Pasta Da Vinci
Steak Diane and Herb Crusted Salmon, Chicken Costoletta, & Pasta Da Vinci
First time at the Cheesecake Factory! I have heard of the name here and there before but was never too interested in it, except to try their cheesecakes. The meals weren't too shabby. I wished there was one in NYC...

Outback Steakhouse
Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion Outback Steakhouse Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Bloomin' Onion & Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Outback Steakhouse Outback Steakhouse Porterhouse
Soup, stuffed potato, & a porterhouse
Eating at Outback is also another first. Even though there is one close to where I live, I never had the chance to go. I don't remember the meal being anything extraordinary. Probably was one of the better steaks I've had. But this doesn't mean much since I haven't many steaks before. All that I remember is this meal was very too filling, even after a day of hiking. Oh my poor stomach! It always has to handle whenever I overestimate what I can and can't eat.

0 comments: