Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer - Oat

1:35:00 PM mandy 17 Comments

I think I have mentioned this before, but I am not much of a body lotion user. Despite having very dry skin in the colder months, I hate how most lotions take forever to sink into my skin. Standing in the bathroom unclothed in the winter is not a very pleasant experience! Neither is having to put on clothes when lotion is still wet on the body.

When I saw this product in the Sugar 'N Spice VoxBox, I was both skeptically and excited. The way the product is housed reminded me of the spray on sunscreens. The feature I liked of those were how easy it was to just spray on sun protection and not have to rub anything in. However, I just wasn't sure how necessary it is for a lotion to be in a spray on form.

Unlike the name, I don't think this is necessarily a product where you can literally Spray & Go like how you could with a spray on sunscreen. After you apply this lotion onto your skin, you definitely do need to rub it in like you would need to for any other body lotion.

Ingredients:

One of the downsides I saw to the spray can was that it was definitely messy. When I used this moisturizer in my room and sprayed the product directly onto my arms and legs, some of the product would miss my body which ultimately landed on my furniture and floor. But because the product has a slipperiness to it, the product made the floor slippery to a certain degree. I would definitely recommend this to be used inside the bathroom or best inside the shower. I searched around for other reviews and others suggested to spray it into the palm of the hands first and then apply it like a typical lotion. Although this is a way to fix the problem, it kind of defeats the purpose of having it be a spray on lotion doesn't it?

Even though on the bottle it claims to be non-greasy I found it to not be completely true. When compared to other lotions, after the Vaseline lotion sinks into the skin and if I touch my skin it definitely will not feel greasy. However, when I picked up my arms after I had rested them on my desk there will be a greasy mark on the table. Luckily the grease stain does goes away after a while.
How the lotion looks sprayed straight onto my arm
This product is very different from any body lotion I have ever used. Typically the ones I am used to have a thicker and more cream like texture, even if it is dispensed through a pump bottle. The best way to describe the consistency of this body lotion is like that of liquid ice cream (but less sticky). Or if that is a little too weird, it is most similar to that of the milky lotions (such as the ones by Hada Labo or Juju Aquamoist). The product is very liquidy and runny, hence it is also very light. There are good and bad points to this feature. Yes, my skin does absorb the lotion really quickly and (like the bottle says) I can put my clothes on right away. But for my dry skin, this light lotion just isn't enough. Perhaps for those with normal-dry skin this will work better or even for anyone in the warmer weather when your skin isn't craving as much moisture.

There is a slight scent to it but it is nothing too overpowering. I have only used this lotion a few of times since I got it so I cannot really say how long one can will last. But since this is a metal spray bottle, it is kind of difficult to tell when I will run out of product. Of all the different products that have come in the VoxBoxes, this is probably one of the few that I still have not really seen in stores yet. (It could just be the stores in my area though.)

According to Influenster, one 6.5oz canister sells for about $7.99. There are two other variations: Aloe and Cocoa Butter. It seems to be quite expensive though just because it is in a spray form, especially when there is only 6.5oz of product per can. I did a quick browse on a few drugstore's websites and found that the typical pump dispensed lotions fall into the $5.99-$8.99 range while offering 2x the product per bottle.

I'm probably going to save it for the summer months because it doesn't do much for my dry winter skin. As for whether I will repurchase or not really would depend on if there is or isn't a good sale available for it.

What do you think? Would you give this product a try? Have it tried it before? What are your thoughts about it?

17 comments:

  1. awww I've been meaning to try this but now that I read your review I think I'll just stick to regular lotions. Thanks for the detailed review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this product yet, but I am curious about the Aloe version!

    xx Denysia Yu
    http://thatlaitgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it would the aloe version would be nice for the summer months.

      Delete
  3. Ah, I've seen ads for this and have been wondering what it's like! Thanks for the review. I'm good w/ my Aveeno right now and will probably continue using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing, I never saw the ad while using it. But after my review, I began to see the ad more and more. The part where the lady just does a once over rub in is definitely deceiving.

      Delete
  4. I saw this on RaeView's youtube channel and she loves it. I'm hesitant to try it out after reading your review because it seems like I can't just spray and go. Seems like I gotta work it like a normal lotion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! But compared to normal lotions,you just don't have to work it in as much.

      Delete
  5. i've tried it and i love it a lot.. i find that it's less greasier than the regular lotion version.. however the price is RIDICULOUS!!! so expensive.. and like with all "spray" formulaations of beauty products they tend to have a lot less product than their "liquid" versions.. you get WAY WAY more product w/ the regular vasoline pump lotion version. so i think i'm just going to stick w/ my regular pump vasoline version hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't think this isn't worth the price!

      Delete
  6. ohhh and the crab salad avocado dip & little sliders is at this restaurant called matchbox it's SOOOOO GOOD hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like an interesting product but I'm not sure I'll like it enough to actually go and get it. Seems like a bit of a hyped up item.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After trying it out, I couldn't agree more!

      Delete
  8. hey! read your comment :)

    wheatgrass, if grown properly and cut at the right time, tastes SWEET :) it isn't nasty! it's just the SMELL is SO GRASSY haha. I hold my nose while drinking it and then eat an orange slice/wedge after to chase away the smell. But overall it's really not bad! :)

    I'm in the process of trying to find a wheatgrass juicer so I can grow my own wheatgrass to drink on a daily basis for cheaper than going to the store daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, smell is a big hurdle to get over. But your cleanse has sparked my curiosity to try it! Just need to get the courage to do so now haha

      Delete
  9. the grease stain sounds really gross but I'd totally be willing to give something like this a try. The simplicity of spraying vs. rubbing is a HUGE convenience. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's still a bit of rubbing needed but it is a lot less compared to the typical lotions. If you try it I can't wait to hear how you like it!

      Delete