End of a Chapter

10:33:00 PM mandy 0 Comments

Baruch College, Barclays Center, Barclays Center outside, 2015 Commencement, undergraduate, graduation, New York

I know...it is super cliche. Nonetheless, graduation really does signify the end of one chapter in life. For me this commencement meant the end of my undergraduate years. Whether or not it is the end of my educational life is question to be answered further down the road.

Baruch College, Barclays Center, 2015 Commencement, undergraduate, New York

Something that I have said constantly on this blog and just in general: time sure does fly by. It didn't feel like 4 years had passed even though it was staring me right in the face.

June 3, 2011, I was attending my Freshman orientation and getting my college ID card.
June 3, 2015, I was attending my graduation as a Senior for an undergraduate degree.

Baruch College, Barclays Center, Barclays Center inside, 2015 Commencement, undergraduate, graduation, New York
Baruch College, Barclays Center, Barclays Center inside, 2015 Commencement, undergraduate, graduation, New York
Baruch College, Barclays Center, Barclays Center inside, 2015 Commencement, undergraduate, graduation, New York

Witnessed by closes friends & family members (+ thousands of other people) during such a surreal moment of life.

Many classmates talked about how commencement wasn't anything special, especially since our names wouldn't even be called. But just being in the stadium with fellow excited graduates & knowing that family members could physically see this moment in time was enough for me. Nothing like being in a cap and gown to finally feel like you've made it. (Of course it would have been great to be personally and individually acknowledged but it wasn't realistically possible.)

Baruch College, Barclays Center, Barclays Center inside, 2015 Commencement, undergraduate, graduation, New York, confetti

While I can't be more happy that the days of school-related cramming, exams, projects, and sleepless nights are over, there are a new set of worries ahead waiting. Before graduation was in sight, I had already (tried) adopted the idea of letting the future play out as things come. Sure people get further with defined goals and everything but I guess that's just not how it happened for me? Maybe I'll share what happens/will happen to me after graduation in another post. I will be one heck of a story!

0 comments: