February Haul

12:03:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs February 2019 haul oo35mm Korean sunscreens

The theme for last month's beauty purchases circled around sunscreens. While I have been pretty open to trying more "chemical" sun protection lately, the ones I picked up this time are of the "physical" variety. I just happened to be running low on the current sunscreens, but the overarching reason for the selection I made is because I am about to head on a cruise later today and the destinations specifically ban certain chemically organic ingredients (Oxybenzone and Octinoxate) for the health of corals. How would they check if everyone's sunscreens are safe or not is beyond me; at least I will feel less guilty about it in my heart and mind.

Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50+ PA+++
COSRX Shield Fit All Green Comfort Sun SPF 50+ PA++++
A'PIEU Madecassoside Sun Cream SPF 39 PA++

I scoured Sephora, drugstores, and most K-Beauty carrying stores in NYC to find these three "mineral" sunscreens that seemed to have the least amount of white cast. The Etude House one has been a long time favorite in the K-Beauty loving community but is, surprisingly, my first time trying it. The COSRX and A'PIEU ones seem to be recent launches yet both look very promising with the addition of the beloved Centella Asiatica. I will only bring the Etude House and COSRX sunscreens onto the cruise since they claim to have higher UVA and UVB coverage than the A'PIEU. Let's hope I apply and reapply well to avoid any major burning/skin damage whilst away.

0 comments: