Rose by dr. dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser

12:12:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs Rose by Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser Review

In the new world of what makes a cleanser acceptable, Rose by dr. dream's Mild Natured Powder Cleanser seems to be a good compromise between the past and the present trends. The brand is supposedly created by a large plastic surgery clinic brand in South Korea who promises the product to be gentle, pH-balanced to best suit the human skin, and without any harsh additives or unnecessary fillers. I think I have finally gathered my thoughts for this cleanser after months of on and off use.

lavlilacs Rose by Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser packaging

dr. dream's description:

Soft bubbles (rose fragrances), Moist, Sensitive.

Hypo-allergenic powder cleanser that cleans dead skin cells, waste, and sebum in pores.

Hypo-allergenic powder cleanser forms soft bubbles during cleansing, which does not contain any artificial coloring, preservatives, and sulfate. Enzymes like papain and corn starch gently remove dead skin cells and waste in pores for deep cleaning. Rose stem cell and trehalose help skin to be moist and clear after cleansing.

Directions
Clean hand, take appropriate amount and lather soft bubbles, gently massage in circular motions, and rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

Ingredients
ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, NIACINAMIDE, ROSA HYBRID CALLUS CULTURE EXTRACT(1PPM), PAPAIN, BROMELAIN, ALLANTOIN,TREHALOSE, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, PARFUME


Cleanser 70 g

Dr. Dream (Korean retail): ₩38,000
Peach & Lily: USD $38.00

lavlilacs Rose by Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser bottle seal

lavlilacs Rose by Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser close up

lavlilacs Rose by Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser bottle back and front

Packaging

Opaque bottle with a flip top cap and a small opening to dispense the powder cleanser out via shaking. I would have preferred if it was a little translucent if not transparent since it would allow me to actually see how much product is left. Otherwise, the actual method of dispensing isn't an issue for me.

Color, Texture, Finish, & Scent

The powder is white and seemingly soft out of the bottle. It has a strong rose scent that lingers for as long as the cleanser is on the face. Most of the powder acts and spreads like corn starch would on dry hands by leaving a velvety finish. A small portion of the powder is made up of more granular hard bits that don't break down even with the addition of water. I find the cleanser only likes the teeniest amount of water to give a slight lather or else it is immediately washed away rather than dissolving into any form of cleansing solution. A foaming net or cup does create foam but it isn't very dense and dissipates quickly.

When lathering and cleansing with only my hands, this cleanser leaves a very smooth and squeaky clean feeling on both my hands and face. I also immediately start to feel tightness if I don't moisturize soon after. When foaming with a contraption, the cleanser still leaves a squeaky clean feeling but my face doesn't feel as tight nor smooth.

lavlilacs Rose by Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser swatched

lavlilacs Rose by Dr. Dream Mild Natured Powder Cleanser lather and foam

How I Apply

Exfoliating + Cleansing // Wet my hands. Shake the bottle about 10 times onto one palm. Use the other wet palm (but not dripping wet) to rub against the cleanser and create a soft lather. Proceed to gently rub my face and rinse the product off.

Cleansing // Put a tiny amount of water into a foaming cup. Shake the bottle about 10 times to get the powder cleanser into the cup. Pump to create a light and fluffy foam. Scoop out the foam, gently rub my face, and rinse.

Thoughts & Recommendations

Like many Peach & Lily sample sale items, I purchased this cleanser completely blind. No researching and no review read ups made beforehand. Heck, I didn't even look up the ingredients or how-tos after opening the product up and started to use it. This I think is a part of the reason why I did not like the product for a very long time.

Without any pre-conceived notions placed in my head and based purely on how I thought the cleanser should be used, I flat out did not like how the cleanser made me feel. My hands and face felt a little too squeeky clean. It did not help that the powder cleanser did not give me much lather whilst feeling kind of gritty and not fully dissolvable. The longer I waited between the cleanser and toning step, the tighter my face started to feel.

I kept at that style of cleansing for a while until I remembered I had a foaming cup. It solved the biggest issues I had which was the lack of foam and hard bits. It lessened the squeeky clean finish too. But the foam wasn't very dense no matter how much more or less powder cleanser I added. The foam would disappear before I felt like I gave my face a good rubbing.

After some researching, I realized the Mild Natured Powder Cleanser is probably closer to a exfoliating cleanser with the included papain and bromelain (both enzymes found in papaya and pineapple respectively that has uses in skincare for exfoliation related purposes). Perhaps the squeeky clean feeling I felt wasn't just because the cleanser was too strong or heavy in surfectants like I had thought. Maybe it was just my face being relieved of some of the old skin and pore gunk?

I use the cleanser much differently now that I am armored with the new information. Rather than constantly giving myself daily exfolation (when I don't use the foaming cup), I use it every other day or every two days in place of a chemical exfoliant. Since I don't like the foam it gives, even when forced, I have just abandoned using it purely as a cleanser.

My skin does still feel squeeky clean but I have started to see that my face is also smoother when using than not. Also, since I am not essentially scrubbing my face daily it doesn't feel as sensitive as when I was in the hating phase with this product. The only thing I can do to help with the tightness I get after using the cleanser is to moisturize well.

I wouldn't recommend this for people looking for a gentle cleanser as the brand suggests. Those who want an exfoliator that isn't an AHA or BHA may find this intriguing as it is less harsh and irritating. People with drier skin may not enjoy the squeekiness and tightness though. As for whether I would repurchase, I am still deciding that myself to be completely honest. It is nice now that I have discovered the perfect use for it but there are so many other exfoliators I would like to try too.

0 comments: