tria Hair Removal Laser 4X & SmoothStart Calming Gel - 2 Months

6:53:00 PM mandy 0 Comments

My feelings towards the tria Hair Removal Laser system at the 2-month mark is, with a doubt, mixed. Had I not kept a photo record for comparison, I may have even been a tad disappointed. The lasering seems to be working well in one area but not as nicely in the others. I can't say for sure if it is due to do the type of hair or the particular area I am trying to target. Then again, there is still a month left in the promised 3-months results period. So who's to say the progress won't be exponentially better in a few weeks time?

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 6 Weeks

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 8 Weeks

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 10 Weeks, 2 months

3 zapping sessions per month seem to be the treatment norm with the biweekly laser recommendation. Unlike the first month though, I survived all 3 sessions this time at level 5 power and without the SmoothStart Calming Gel.

I mentioned how I didn't feel like the gel was very effective at numbing the pain in the last update. After going through the treatments without the gel last month, I still think the gel is not 100% necessary. The sensational difference between the laser zaps with and without the gel is negligible. The gel, if nothing else, provides a placebo effect to help calm my own nerves. There was some pain with it and without it.

It will hurt when the laser hits a hair follicle. The main variable is the degree of pain. When the laser doesn't reach any hair follicle, there is no pain. Just warmth. (I think) when the laser hits a finer type of hair, the pain is, as many others' have described already, akin to when a rubber band strike against the skin. When that beam of light hits thicker hair, however, a better-suited comparison would be as if something extremely hot briefly grazes your skin at a very specific location. The sting lasts a tad longer and reaches deeper.

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 6 Weeks Closeup

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 8 Weeks Closeup

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 10 Weeks, 2 months Closeup

Upper lips.

This is one of the areas where I am unsure if the tria Hair Removal Laser has been very effective so far. While I thought I saw slower regrowth in the shaved areas in my last update, the recent photos don't show any major differences. The bald spots still are hairless. The sparse hair spots still show little hair strands.

tria Hair Removal Laser Armpits Hair 6 Weeks

tria Hair Removal Laser Armpits Hair 8 Weeks

tria Hair Removal Laser Armpits Hair 10 Weeks, 2 months

Armpits.

If it weren't for the armpit photos, I would have been surely disappointed. The results in my underarm region are the most reassuring towards continuing the laser treatment journey. The regrowth of the hairs is much slower and the new hairs also look thinner than before.

tria Hair Removal Laser Knuckle Hair 6 Weeks

tria Hair Removal Laser Knuckle Hair 8 Weeks

tria Hair Removal Laser Knuckle Hair 10 Weeks, 2 months

Knuckle hairs.

The other area where I am unsure if the tria laser is of any use. It is difficult to see in the photos. But the few hairs that I shaved and zapped are definitely growing back. Whether it is coming back at a slower rate or thinner shape, I am not completely sure.

0 comments: