One Year Older

2:45:00 AM mandy 6 Comments

My birthday was actually 3 weeks ago but school got the best of me and I couldn't find the time to blog about it until now. YAY for spring break! But since I 'celebrated' my lunar birthday yesterday, now should be a fitting time to share a birthday post without it being old news.
As with past birthdays, this was more of a family gathering more than anything. I always just enjoy the company and the crazy amounts of food we order & prepare for the occasion. The part I look forward to the most is always the cake (particularly if I get to choose one hehe).

My dad was sweet enough to drive me to K-Town in the morning to get this Tiramisu Mocha Cake from Paris Baguette because I usually end class pretty late. The joys of being a commuter student still living with her parents! Lucky enough, that day my last class was actually cancelled. It really couldn't have been a better day, well...if my besties were able to celebrate with me that would have been the BEST.

Compare to the Blueberry Chiffon cake I had last year, I much prefer that one than this Tiramisu Mocha cake. Not that this was bad but because of the layered cake style, it a little felt too crumbly. Plus the macarons were a nice visual touch but they are not the typical "ERRMAHGAAHDD these are awesome" macarons either. Knowing me I'll probably try a different cake next year just because all their cakes look great.

Even though the three of us in our 'clique' are terrible at gifting, Bestie C never fails to still give the rest of us gifts on our birthdays. This year was not an exception. As you can see there is a purple theme! Also, two of the items were things that I mentioned I wanted to get recently. (If you're reading this...THANK YOU!! :D)


I was just wondering, does anyone know how to use the Wen Lavender Replenishing Treatment Mist? I was browsing through gossmakeupartist's reviews recently and he said that lavender oil isn't a good ingredient to use on the face. Does anyone know more about this?

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh the purple theme is TOO CUTE! I did color themes for Christmas one year, it was SO HARD. And that cake may not have tasted as great, but it sure as heck looks amazing! Happy belated!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday hun. Your cakes look so delicious! Enjoy your presents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Wen only makes hair products???? isn't that treatment mist for hair???????? I'm not sure though LOL. and I didn't know lavender isn't a good ingredient for the skin... but come to think abt it... I've never seen a skincare product with lavender in it lol

    ReplyDelete