Kill Nothing But Time

11:57:00 PM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs Skagit Valley, Mount Vernon, Washington RoozenGaarde purple tulips

To take nothing but pictures
To kill nothing but time
To leave nothing but footprints
A change of pace from what I have been posting thus far in 2018. It has actually been almost a year since I last edited non-beauty, travel related photos. I guess I lacked the motivation to share since those posts aren't generally the most viewed on the blog.

An unsaid resolution I had for this site, along with trying to post at least once a week, was to share whatever the heck I wanted regardless of how well or terrible it would be received. I am not an influencer nor monetize from this teeny blog. It is and has always been, first and foremost, a place where I stored my thoughts and memories.

I have done fairly well with the consistency goal (until this month); here goes to shyly greet the ever more personal side of my life (even if I randomly share images from years ago).

lavlilacs Skagit Valley, Mount Vernon, Washington RoozenGaarde sign

RoozenGaarde
15867 Beaver Marsh Rd, Mt Vernon, WA 98273

lavlilacs Skagit Valley, Mount Vernon, Washington RoozenGaarde tulip field
lavlilacs Skagit Valley, Mount Vernon, Washington sky lavlilacs Skagit Valley, Mount Vernon, Washington RoozenGaarde child tulip field

My family and I visited the Pacific Northwest three years ago to the day. This was a trip of many firsts. It was our first time to Seattle, Vancouver, and nearby cities. It was the first overnight trip we'd taken together in six years. It was the first trip we rented a car and drove around. It was the first trip I had the job of setting some kind of an itinerary.

So much responsibility. So much stress. So many options. So many people's different interests to consider. So many unanticipated meetings and reunions with friends and family. Maybe being ferried around on bus tours wouldn't have been that bad?

The peace and nature that is the Pacific Northwest though, is an environment that is hard to stay stressed in. All the greenery and bright skies are hard to be grumpy in. Of course, Seattle is known to be rainy but it uncharacteristically was not when we visited. I can never imagine living there because of the potential allergy attack I would have to all the pollen but for the brief week or so we were there the lively colors and relaxed lifestyle (when compared to New York City) was a breathe of fresh air.

0 comments: