L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick - I Create, I Rule, I Am Worth It

12:36:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick Review

I haven't qualified for an Influenster Voxbox in a hot while. I remembered the early ones I received were full of average products which were fun to try but nothing memorable or repurchase worthy. VoxBox's Rouge Signature edition, however, has blown me off my feet. As my first L'Oréal lip product, the Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick in I Create, I Rule, and I Am Worth It are quickly becoming my go-to formulas of choice lately.

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick Influenster VoxBox

L'Oréal's description:

Lightweight matte colored ink that delivers a stain-like feel with the color impact of a liquid lipstick. Imparts lips with a high pigment, matte finish, and lasting wear.

Less texture*, more color: Rouge Signature is a lightweight matte colored ink that delivers intense pigment loads with a weightless, bare-lip sensation. This ultra-comfortable liquid matte colored ink provides lasting matte color and infuses lips with a healthy, even dye of color. The no makeup feel of a stain combined with the color impact of a liquid lipstick. Find your signature shade from our captivating range. Use with our precision applicator to shape and lines lips for a precise and perfectly applied lip.

CAUTION: Flammable until dry. Do not use near fire, flame, or heat.

Directions
Apply starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to outer edges of your lips, following the contour of your mouth. Then glide across the bottom lip and fill in. To take off, use an oil-based makeup remover or our waterproof Micellar Water for best results.

Ingredients
AQUA / WATER / EAU, DIMETHICONE, OCTYLDODECANOL, ISODODECANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES/POLYTRIMETHYLSILOXYMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYL PENTAPHENYL TRISILOXANE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINA, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, LINALOOL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE]

Lipstick 7 ml / 0.23 oz

L'Oréal (MSRP): USD $11.99

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick packaging closeup

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick name label

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick applicator

Packaging

A thick, transparent plastic tube with a twist-off cap and a petal-shaped applicator. The stopper inside the tube is just large enough for the applicator to come out easily whilst scraping off the perfect amount of excess product.

New tubes will have a sticker label for a security seal; if the perforated part is broken it probably has been opened already. The label for the name is placed on a very small sticker at the bottom of the tube.

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick - I Create lip swatches
I Create (No. 416)
"Nude," muted pink color in the tube. On my lips, it becomes a little peachy (warm pink) and is most similar to my natural lip color.

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick - I Rule lip swatches
I Rule (No. 414)
Pink with blue undertones that is almost a dusty magenta. It applies true to the color in the tube.

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick - I Am Worth It lip swatches
I Am Worth It (No. 426)
Red with cool/blue undertones. Also applies true to the color in the tube.

Color, Texture, Finish, & Scent

The three colors I have tried are all highly pigmented yet lightweight and not tacky. Immediately after application, it is a bit wet with a slight shine but as the formulation dries it takes on a more velvety matte look.

The lipstick does transfer and wipes away but it also leaves stain my lips to a degree; the less bold colors are not as noticeable since it is similar to my bare lips.

There is a very slight sweet scent if I really sniff the applicator itself. Otherwise, it doesn't smell of much after I apply it nor does it taste of anything if licked.

How I Apply

Gradient lips // Point the applicator with the concave part facing my bottom lip. Spread a light layer starting from the center and then toward both sides. Lightly smack my lips together to put some color onto the upper lip.

Full lips // Start the same way as I would for gradient lips. Afterward, I add a layer or two extra to get more precise lines. I like to flip the applicator over so the concave part is facing up and then use the pointed tip to create the clean lip shape.

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick - I Create, I Rule, I Am Worth It color swatches

lavlilacs L'Oréal Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick - I Create, I Rule, I Am Worth It transferring

Thoughts & Recommendations

L'Oréal couldn't have been more accurate with their description of what the Rouge Signature Lasting Matte Liquid Lipsticks are. Everything that makes this lip product special is what I had hoped the Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick to be. Having tried both now, I do hope something existed with the best qualities of both.

The Rouge Signature packs a colorful punch whilst being versatile. I love that I could wear a light layer or build up for a bolder look. The formulation is buttery smooth, lightweight, and most importantly not tacky. Layering and reapplying is a breeze. It doesn't seem to settle into my lines nor catch onto dry patches. Once it dries down, I barely feel like I have anything on my lips.

Perhaps the only questionable claim is this providing lasting wear. The brand chose their words very wisely. In a sense it does, the bolder colors do leave a noticeable stain. Those swatches on my arm lasted a good week's time despite cleansing oils and eye/lip makeup remover. On my lips, though, is a different story. The staining effect only lasts as long as the top layer of skin isn't exfoliated off. For me, that happens twice daily...once in the morning because of lip balms and another time at night because of cleansing. The actual liquid lipstick portion easily wipes off when eating or drinking—the oilier the foods, the more color is removed.

L'Oréal' offers slightly more product (7ml versus Maybelline's 5ml) but it has a higher Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Pricing (USD $11.99 versus Maybelline's USD $9.49). I definitely prefer the see-through tubes of the Rouge Signature. I also actually find myself reapplying after the color fades because of how fuss-free it is; whereas I had no such thoughts with the SuperStay due to its tackiness, tendency to flake, and inability to layer. If only the liquid lipstick part of the Rouge Signature is as transfer-proof as the SuperStay, while keeping its non-sticky texture, we would have one huge gem of a drugstore matte lip product.

0 comments: