Excitement

11:10:00 PM mandy 2 Comments

Last night, I'm sure many of you probably were watching the Olympics. Honestly, when it comes to the Winter Olympics, I usually look forward (and ended up only watching) the women's figure skating portion. When I was little, I watched it because Michelle Kwan was in it. This time, I was really looking forward to seeing Kim Yuna. And there was no disappointment. She won! I was really excited. I'm no skating expert, nor do I follow every skating event there is...but I don't know, I just really liked her program :] I still would love to see Michelle Kwan skate though, it's been years (makes me sound so old :X)! Maybe they could skate together or in the same event at some point in the future? ^__^





**Pictures from NY Times.

----------

Second exciting news!
Today was a snow day for NYC students. This might not sound really exciting for others who get snow days often. But in NYC, unless there is like a ridiculous amount of snow, it is snowing really hard, etc. school is always open. For as long as I can remember, we've only had a maximum of 1 snow day per school year. This year there were 2 (so far). I thought it was highly unlikely that Mayor Bloomberg would cancel school...but I guess the impossible can happen :]

I first heard about this great news at around 5:30 in the morning. Yes, you heard right..5:30. I was still sleeping when my friend sent me a text message telling me the news. It was hard to process in my half-asleep state. I think a lot of people would jump up for joy and forget about sleeping, but honestly, a part of me thought "really? I don't believe it!". I think I'm the only person that'll question a snow day :P

----------

One not so happy news. Especially for 2pm fans.
I couldn't believe it when I read about it.
And a part of me still doesn't believe it.
But...Park Jaebeom
Leader of 2pm
Is not going to be a part of 2pm again :(
Apparently, he did something that is worse than the internet comments he made so many years ago
And they can't tell us why because of personal reasons(?)
But then they still continued to plan for his comeback until recently,
They decided to terminate their contract with him.
Unless I'm not reading their notice correctly...I'm really lost.
Now even the slight hope that I had is crushed.



So..how was your Friday? :]

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad she won. She was phenomenal!
    And at only 19 y/o too! She did not disappoint.

    But I was kind of sad for Mao Asada, though, because it seems she tripped on something on the ice? I don't know...it looked peculiar. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Icky tasting pills.
    Your realllllly long wish list makes me feel better. I'm not the only one who wants a lot of stuff! ^__^
    I watch the Olympics at work but I feel so lost when everyone talks about it and I miss out stuff haha!

    ReplyDelete