Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Pudding Set

12:04:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs Review Papa Recipe Bombee Honeyed Pudding Set

Impulsive online purchases are a huge gamble with luck. Cheap prices and cute packaging draw me in and the next thing I know it arrives on my doorsteps and greets me in reality. My expectations weren't high since Papa Recipe is a new brand to me. Both products in the Papa Recipe Bombee Honey Pudding Set far exceeded any minuscule expectations in their own respects.

lavlilacs Review Papa Recipe Bombee Honeyed Pudding Set packaging

oo35mm 's Description:

Made with all-natural ingredients with honey and propolis as key ingredients directly from mother nature. This pudding type peel off pack removes skin impurities, leaving skin glowy and nourished. The cream is full of nutrients that replenish and hydrate the skin to build a barrier against possible irritants for stronger, healthier skin. Experience the rich nourishment directly from nature with a burst of intense hydration without the heaviness or stickiness!

Directions
Mask
After cleansing, apply over desired areas evenly. Leave on 10-15 minutes, then remove from bottom to top gently. Rinse off any leftover mask and proceed with skincare routine.

Cream
After skin/toner or after using the peel off mask, put a small amount of cream into your hand and apply it around your face. If your skin is especially dry, apply another thin layer of cream.

Ingredients
Mask
WATER, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, ALCOHOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, HONEY EXACT (10,000PPM), CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, PROPOLIS EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, ALLANTOIN, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, MICA, FRAGRANCE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, TIN OXIDE, GOLD

Cream
WATER, GLYCERETH-26, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-240/HDI COPOLYMER BIS-DECYLTETRADECETH-20 ETHER, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, HONEY EXTRACT (10,000PPM), PHELLINUS LINTEUS EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, PROPOLIS EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, POLYSORBATE 80, ARGININE, AMMONIUM LACTATE, USNEA BARBATA (LICHEN) EXTRACT, UREA, ZANTHOXYLUM PIPERITUM FRUIT EXTRACT, CARBOMER, PULSATILLA KOREANA EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, FRAGRANCE

Mask 60 ml // Cream 25 ml

Papa Recipe (Korean retail): ₩30,000
BeautyBoxKorea: USD $21.48
BBCosmetic: USD $14.99
Amazon: ~USD $13.00
Sasa: ~USD $12.00

lavlilacs Review Papa Recipe Bombee Honeyed Pudding Set products

Honey extract. An effective antibacterial ingredient and wound healer. Raw honey is a source of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and enzymes.

Propolis extract. Has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory qualities. Good for wounds and irritations.

Papaya extract. Contains Vitamin A & C and enzymes for exfoliation and antioxidants. Can help clear dead skin and lightening discoloration.

lavlilacs Review Papa Recipe Bombee Honeyed Pudding Set products opened

Packaging

Mask // Comes in a highly flexible plastic tube with a screw on cap. I like the cute designs on the packaging and appreciate the fact that there is negative space to let the transparent tube peak through. I would prefer if the cap was a flip-top one instead.

Cream // Comes in a clear plastic jar. I won't comment too much on it since it is just a sample. It is what it is and serves its job.

The peeling mask only comes in this set, in one size. The cream is available in a larger size.

lavlilacs Review Papa Recipe Bombee Honeyed Pudding Set swatch

Color, Texture, Finish, & Scent

Mask // Clear with some specks of gold-like particles. It is super sticky and tacky. it feels and smells exactly like honey. Thus, the formulation is difficult to spread.

Cream // Transparent gel with a tinge of yellow-orange color. It has an interesting texture: jello-like and keeps its shape after it is scooped out of the jar. But after a while, the indent in the jar will flatten out by itself and the glob that is in your hands will start to become runnier. Just like the mask, it smells just like honey. Unlike the mask, it is neither sticky nor difficult to spread.

lavlilacs Review Papa Recipe Bombee Honeyed Pudding Peel Off Facial Mask after

How I Apply

Mask // Spread an even layer across my entire face (avoid eyebrows and hairlines) after cleansing. Thin layer dries in 10-15 mins. Thick layer dries in 25-30+ mins. I found that I waste a tad less if I directly squeezing the product onto my face and spread versus putting it on my finger and then applying.

Cream // Generously scoop some onto my palms. Rub it between my hands to liquify. Gently smooth throughout face and pat cream in.

lavlilacs Review Papa Recipe Bombee Honeyed Pudding Peel Off Facial Mask after full face closeup

Thoughts & Recommendations

Mask // Compared to all the other peel-off masks (charcoal, egg, Japanese, Korean, etc.) I have tried, this Honeyed Pudding Peel Off Facial Mask is unbelievably easy to remove. It is the first peel-off product that my pain intolerant skin can handle. The mask comes off in one piece as long as I wait patiently for the entire thing to dry. I didn't experience any pain as the dried mask is very elastic and soft. My skin isn't red or irritated afterward either.

However! I am not sure if it did much for removing deep-rooted impurities. It seems to pick up the most superficial layer on my face. But the most stubborn dry patches, especially around my mouth, always remain. My pores also don't look less clogged. While my skin feels softer after the mask, it definitely doesn't feel "nourished" like the product promised...a moisturizer is needed as a followup.

Cream // For something that is formulated with honey, I thought it would be pretty tacky and heavy. Kudos to the brand for formulating and accurately describing the Honey Pudding Cream as something that leaves no heaviness or stickiness. The cream sinks into my skin quickly and leaves it feeling plump, moisturized, hydrated, nourish, etc. You name it, I felt it at one point! I think the cream set a new mark in the moisturizing game for me.

Albeit, I did try the small jar of cream out mostly in the humid and hot summery NYC days...I wonder how it would fair in the cooler and drier weather? Even with the humidity, the cream does tend to lose its magical touch throughout the day on the driest areas of my face (i.e. chin and surrounding lower jaw area).

I would very highly consider repurchasing this if I am looking for a peel-off mask in my routine or want a highly nourishing cream. BUT I am not sure if it is worth paying the original retail prices (₩30,000 - close to USD $30) for the set. I would have a serious mental debate even if the set was ~USD $20. The mask was nice but not that nice. Although I really enjoyed using the cream a lot more than the mask, a regular full-sized jar of it costs ₩56,000 - close to USD $56...with that tag it is a pretty luxe product. If I never find a better performing & more affordable moisturizer or I find that specific cream available for a lower price (~USD $30, plus or minus) I would come running back at full speed to this moisturizer.

0 comments: