tria Hair Removal Laser 4X - 3 Months Laser Free

12:26:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

When everyone says lasering is a "permanent" hair removal option, I was imagining the results to last a good year at least...even without having to continuously re-laser body parts I wished to be hairless in. I could accept the fact that it isn't a one-session-and-all-hair-begone method. I can accept that it takes multiple attempts to fully "kill"/pause the hair follicles. But I was not expecting the results to revert, nearly, 100% after going laser free for 3 months when I completed 13 sessions (6 months) of bi-weekly treatment using the at-home tria Hair Removal Laser 4X system.

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 3 Months Laser Free

Click to see the progression of hair loss: 1 month. 2 months. 3 months. 4 months. 5 months. 6 months.

Granted, tria doesn't say anything about how hair would grow back if the user stops lasering altogether. All they promise is that there should be a significant difference in the amount of hair after 3 months of bi-weekly usage. However, if we apply some logic here...the laser does what it is supposed to and deactivates the hair follicles from growing at the roots, it should theoretically not reactive once the laser isn't applied anymore—right?

Here are the possible reasons I can think of to explain what happened:

  • hair follicles reactivated.
  • tons of new follicles formed.
  • the laser wasn't strong enough for the follicles to stay dormant long term.
  • hormones are to blame. (I do have a history of PCOS, which tends to elevate male hormones. It's supposed to be under control but I guess it could still be affecting my hair growth.)


tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 3 Months Laser Free Closeup

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 26 Weeks, 6 months Closeup

tria Hair Removal Laser Facial Hair 2 Weeks Closeup

Upper lips.

Nothing to really update here. There hasn't been any loss or new growth of hair. What was there 6 months ago when I first started lasering and what was there 3 months ago right before I stopped lasering is what is there right now. When I shave it off, it grows back at about the same rate as well.

tria Hair Removal Laser Knuckle Hair 3 Months Laser Free

tria Hair Removal Laser Knuckle Hair 26 Weeks, 6 months

tria Hair Removal Laser Knuckle Hair 2 Weeks

Knuckle hairs.

Just like with the 'stache hairs, the knuckle wispies situation is also the same.

tria Hair Removal Laser Armpits Hair 3 Months Laser Free

tria Hair Removal Laser Armpits Hair 26 Weeks, 6 months

tria Hair Removal Laser Armpits Hair 2 Weeks

Armpits.

The area that showed the most drastic results during the lasering also did the same after halting the treatment. I noticed the hairs growing again even during the first month after I called it quits back in June. Over the last 3 months, the regrowth after each shave regained the dreaded aftershave itchiness sensation. It seemed to get more intense with each corresponding shave as well. Hairs slowly grew in darker and coarser. The only thing that hasn't come back, yet...knock on wood, are the terrible in-grown hairs I was so prone to before.

3-Months Laser-Free Thoughts

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in the tria Hair Removal Laser 4X. At this point, I cannot say for sure if it is my human error's fault, my uncontrollable internal issues, or tria's issue.

Given my results while consistently lasering...I do stand by my conclusions from the last post: worth it when compared to the effort needed for manual plucking (my preferred method) and when compared to the cost of professional services.

Home lasering isn't worth it for the time required for self-treatment. Professional lasering costs a lot but the wait-time in between seems to be longer. No matter what the reason is for my regrowth if I see the best results only when I continually laser, I would have to do commit myself to 26 sessions/year plus or minus some with shaving in between. I cannot ever pluck, wax, or depilate any hairs since the roots will be then non-existent and the lasers would have nothing to zap. It is a big commitment to make to those two methods of hair removal, but one that I guess I have made already since didn't return the device.

The only options I have now are to lift my temporary lasering ban earlier than expected. I also have more freedom to leave the hairs be, especially in the armpit region, to grow out now that Fall is here and the weather should technically be cooling down. Until I decided to actually consult a dermatologist or other licensed professionals about the underlying issues, I guess this is the end of the written journey for the tria Hair Removal Laser 4X.



0 comments: