Daily Look | Dusty Rose

12:49:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs 2018 PMAD daily makeup look, dusty rose

I wanted to share an update on how Project Make a Dent was going but realized many of the products don't look much different from my first post since it's only been two months. The next best option was to show how I have been incorporating the chosen items into my makeup routine during this time period.

Dusty rose was a trending makeup look a while back on YouTube. I was always a little apprehensive towards one-color trends because it felt kind of tacky, like wearing head-to-toe in one color and becoming a walking crayon sans the costume. It might look chic if white, gray, or black; anything else takes someone more fashionable than me to pull off. Throw a pink shade into the mix and it could easily make my face look blotchy instead of put-together.

Somehow, one day I played around with the colors I forced upon myself this year and the monochrome theme didn't look as bad as I imagined it to be.

lavlilacs 2018 PMAD daily makeup look, dusty rose eyes

lavlilacs 2017 2018 PMAD daily makeup look, dusty rose - products used details

There hasn't been a big change in the steps of my morning routine. The biggest changes from December's "Daily Look" post is a few product removals and a bunch of color swaps.

On this particular day, I still started with a light layer of Clio Kill Cover Pro Artist Liquid Concealer in Green. I followed with a layer of just the foundation in the VDL MULE Ultimate Cover Palette in A03 that was set with a dusting of Kate Lasting High Coverage Powder Foundation in OC-C, focusing mostly on the eye area and T-zone. Afterward, I applied the bronzer shade from MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Pink Power under my cheekbones and temples of my forehead. I used the Milani Minerals Blush in Sweet Rose on top of my cheeks and lightly over my eyelids. For highlight, I opted to use Urban Decay in Virgin.

I applied Urban Decay in Toasted all over the lid as well to add a bit of shimmer and textural contrast to the eyes. It is barely noticeable but I swept the Hustle shade close to the lash line on the outer corner of the lids, to give my eyes more depth...I think? Then I curled my lashes and applied Clio Hitch Eye-King Mascara in Volume, lined my eyes with L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte-Matic Waterproof Eyeliner in Deep Brown, and filled in my brows with JUNGSAEMMOOL  Refining Color-Bony Brow in Smoky Bony. The finishing touch is always a light coating of Maybelline Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick in Lover on the innermost part of the lips.

What do you think? Not bad or tacky? Should I continue this series when I change up my look for the warmer months?

0 comments: