Project Make a Dent No. 4 | Half Year Update

12:12:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - cover

This is a progress report to be proud of! Never would I have thought my picks would empty so quickly especially when I have so many blush and eyeshadow options. When excluding my tendencies to over-swirl and -scoop products, I attribute the success to using more combinations of blush (cream + powder) and using multipurpose eyeshadow colors (highlight, contour, & eyeliner).

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - products flat lay

As with past Project Make a Dents the results for certain items didn't look so drastic until I compared the before and after shots side-by-side. I am hoping there will be just as much progress in the latter half of 2018. I may never see the pan in the powder blushes and eyeshadows but making an even larger dent would suffice.

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - beginning - VDL MULE Ultimate Cover Palette in A03

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - VDL MULE Ultimate Cover Palette in A03

VDL MULE Ultimate Cover Palette A03

The unexpected and most drastic update award would most likely go to this VDL palette. I never thought I would be able to pan out so much of the two cream blushes yet here I am. I am about halfway finished with the cream foundation. Scooping out the product first rather than dipping a brush directly into the cream helped a lot.

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - beginning - Kate Lasting High Coverage Powder Foundation in OC-C

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - Kate Lasting High Coverage Powder Foundation in OC-C

Kate Lasting High Coverage Powder Foundation OC-C

Pressed powders almost never get completely used up. By the time I expose enough of the middle pan, any brush swirling increases the chances of the outer ring of powder crumbling into unusable pieces. It is just not worth the effort to re-crush the powder in order to continue usage.

I am glad I could finally let this powder foundation go. It wasn't a terrible product but wasn't the most favorite part of my makeup routine.

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - beginning - Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Powder

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Powder

Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Powder

Quite possibly the most satisfying comparison photo. I genuinely thought I hadn't used much of the loose powder. I guess I remembered beginning with less than I thought?  Using the product as an overall face setting powder instead of just on the under eyes area seems to have helped get through this quicker.

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - beginning - MAC Cosmetics Mineralized Skinfinish in Pink Power

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - MAC Cosmetics Mineralized Skinfinish in Pink Power

MAC Cosmetics Mineralized Skinfinish in Pink Power

Considering how large this baked powder is, I am proud of how flat the dome has gotten. It still seems like there is a long ways to go before all the rings are fully visible. At this point, I have given up on using the remainder of the highlighter/blush shades.

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - beginning - Milani Minerals Blushes in Sweet Rose and Luminous, MAC Cosmetics My Highland Honey

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - Milani Minerals Blushes in Sweet Rose and Luminous, MAC Cosmetics My Highland Honey

Milani Minerals Blushes in Sweet Rose and Luminous & MAC Cosmetics My Highland Honey

Out of the 3 powder blushes I picked for the year, I have consistently used the bottom two thus far. Sweet Rose was great during the winter months when I seemed to gravitate towards dustier/cooler shades. My Highland Honey is currently in my makeup mix simply because of how bright and sunny it looks. I intend to swap in Luminous in a few months time.

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - beginning - VDL Tint Bar Triple Shot in 502 Triple Burgundy and 101 Triple Pink

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - VDL Tint Bar Triple Shot in 502 Triple Burgundy and 101 Triple Pink

VDL Tint Bar Triple Shot in 502 Triple Burgundy and 101 Triple Pink

I have to confess, I didn't reach for these at all during the colder months of 2018. Buying the JUNGSAEMMOOL and Maybelline lipsticks kept my interests preoccupied for a while. I have only recently started to use the Triple Burgundy shade VDL Tint Bar but progress has been made. These are two products I cannot wait to complete; not that they're not good nor I don't like the gradient look but I think I have outgrown the finish these give.

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - beginning - Urban Decay Naked Palette

lavlilacs 2018 Project Make a Dent - half year - Urban Decay Naked Palette

Urban Decay Naked Palette

The dents in these eyeshadow pans are so encouraging. I think some greed has grown within me to see at least one of these shades hit pan. Luckily I found it easy using some colors in large amounts (Virgin, Sin, and Half Baked) as they are great for facial highlight. There was a phase during these last 6 months where I mixed Naked and Buck together as a nose contour.

While I used Milani's Sweet Rose blush, I loved pairing it with Sidecar, Toasted and Hustle. As I am using MAC My Highland Honey, I tend to reach for Naked, Bucked, and Darkhorse or Half Baked, Smog, and Darkhouse in those combinations. I am not sure what to pick when I switch over to Milani's Luminous blush nor if I'll ever use Creep and Gunmetal. Next challenge perhaps?

0 comments: