ECO YOUR SKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex

12:12:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs ECOYOURSKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex Review

ECO YOUR SKIN is a bold one. It is a hefty promise for a brand to not only say their a moisturizer could provide a "moisture wall barrier" but that it could last for 48 hours. While that isn't the tagline that got me to try the Moisture Wall Surge Complex, I can certainly see where they are coming from with that claim after using it myself.

lavlilacs ECOYOURSKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex packaging

ECOYOURSKIN's description:

Moisture Wall Surge Complex, so-called "Water-Wall Cream", will form a moisturized skin wall to your skin layer for the next 48 hours. This effect improves thin and sensitive skin and heals skin damaged by UV rays.

Directions
After cleansing, use toner to moisturize your skin, then softly apply an appropriate amount of Moisture Wall Surge Complex to the face and neck except the eye area.

Ingredients
AQUA,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,PEG/PPG-17/6 COPOLYMER,GLYCERIN,1,2-HEXANEDIOL,BETAINE,PEG-240/HDI COPOLYMER BIS-DECYLTETRADECETH -20 ETHER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM PCA,ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT,PERSEA GRATISSIMA(AVOCADO) FRUIT EXTRACT,CORNUS OFFICINALIS FRUIT EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE,ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER,TRIETHANOLAMINE,CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,ALLANTOIN,ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF POWDER,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN,DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE,PENTYLENE GLYCOL,ASPALATHUS LINEARIS EXTRACT,GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, FRAGRANCE,CI 14700,CHLOROPHYLLIN-COPPER COMPLEX,CARAMEL

Cream 50 ml

ECOYOURSKIN (Korean retail): ₩72,000
Peach & Lily: USD $80.00


lavlilacs ECOYOURSKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex

lavlilacs ECOYOURSKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex

lavlilacs ECOYOURSKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex

Packaging

A thick glass jar with a sturdy plastic screw-on lid. New boxes come sealed with a packaging label. The inside comes with an inner plastic lid for extra security, yet I don't keep it on once opened for quick access. The body of the bottle isn't opaque; it isn't a con here since I could still see how much product remains inside. I am also not too bothered by the underside/lip where the cap has its screw threads only because of the moisturizer's texture (it likes to stick to itself more than the those harder to reach sides).

lavlilacs ECOYOURSKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex

lavlilacs ECOYOURSKIN Moisture Wall Surge Complex

Color, Texture, Finish, & Scent

The gel has clear coral hue and a strong, fresh fruity plus aloe-y scent. It is weirdly lightweight yet thick at the same time because of its sticky and stretchy consistency. Rather than feeling watery like gel formulations tend to act when blended in, the Moisture Wall Surge Complex has almost a balmy, tacky sensation. Once the skin soaks the moisturizer in it leaves a generally satin finish and some remaining tackiness.

How I Apply

Scoop out a little with a spatula or my fingertip. Gently rub the product between my palms to create a thin layer. Press the moisturizer into my skin. Once I have generally covered my face I quickly and constantly pat all over to help the gel sink in better and lessen the stickiness.

Thoughts & Recommendations

I can't say I don't like it. I will say it isn't my favorite.

Moisture Wall Surge Complex does indeed create a great moisture barrier on the skin. I think it is mainly from its very sticky texture that it is able to adhere and stay so well. Perhaps it could last for 48 hours, but I do double cleanse my face at night and splash with water in the morning so it would effectively disturb, if not remove, said barrier before 24 hours even hits.

I love that I never show any dry patches or cakey makeup while using this moisturizer. It fairs well even when I wear the most matte of sunscreens, concealers, and powders. My skin never broke out from it or felt congested at all.

I just hate the tacky feeling left behind after application. Of course, if I sit long enough that finish becomes very minimal but I like to do my skincare routine and hop into bed; sticky skin, hair strands, pillowcases, and duvets don't mix well. Applying something non-sticky afterward also helps but for those that want minimal steps, this isn't the product to go to.

A repurchase from me, at full retail price, would be next to impossible. $80 is quite a lot for a solely hydrating product with no other actives. Granted, it does what it says well. Despite the heavy discount during the Peach & Lily sample sale, I did not repurchase the moisturizer mainly because I did not enjoy the user experience. Perhaps those with much drier skin would like this more? Those with sensitive skin may not enjoy the formulation's tug and tack nor the fragrance. Oily skin would probably enjoy something with a more barely-there feel.

0 comments: