ECO YOUR SKIN SKIN LAB L Layering Essence Ringer Drip - Whitening and Oily

12:12:00 AM mandy 0 Comments

lavlilacs Eco Your Skin Layering Essence Ringer Drip - Whitening and Oily Review

Supposedly the estheticians treat you at an ECO YOUR SKIN or SKIN LAB L session, they whip out an entire bag of the Layering Essence Ringer Drip and apply it via an airbrush. How the skin can handle 120 ml of essence at once boggles my mind. Perhaps that kind of marketing worked on me because I wanted to try the product myself.

lavlilacs Eco Your Skin Layering Essence Ringer Drip - Whitening and Oily packaging

ECOYOURSKIN's description:

Whitening
Highly concentrated liquid water that instantly restores skin condition. A facial ringer drip that dulls dark spots and freckles and whitens skin tone.

Oily
Highly concentrated liquid water that instantly restores skin condition. A facial ringer drip that effectively controls sebaceous secretion and keeps skin moist.

Directions
Put it in an exclusive bottle for convenient use. After cleansing, take an appropriate amount on a cosmetic cotton or the hand. From inside to the outside of the face, spread out along the skin texture and let it absorb. When blended with our Vitamin Shots products, it is much more effective.

Ingredients
Whitening
WATER, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, NIACINAMIDE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WATER, ASPERGILLUS/RICE FERMENT EXTRACT, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN EXTRACT, MAGNOLIA BIONDII BARK EXTRACT, SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) BARK EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT, PROPOLIS EXTRACT, CHAMOMILIA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT, THUJOPSIS DOLABRATA BRANCH EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, ALLANTOIN, STYRENE/VP COPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, XANTHAN GUM, DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, ARBUTIN, FRAGRANCE

Oily
WATER,GLYCERIN,PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL,BETAINE,1,2-HEXANEDIOL,MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) EXTRACT,HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) EXTRACT,SODIUM HYALURONATE,CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,CENTELLA ASIA TICA EXTRACT,GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT,ARTEMISIA VULGARIS EXTRACT,VACCINUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT,GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT,ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL,CHAMAECYPARIS OBTUSA WATER,BETA-GLUCAN,DRYOPTERIS CRASSIRHIZOMA EXTRACT,ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF POWDER,CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT,PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT,ALLANTOIN,DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE,FRAGRANCE,CI 42090,CI 19140,CI 14700

Essence 120 ml

ECOYOURSKIN / Ski (Korean retail): ₩55,000
Peach & Lily: USD $50.00

lavlilacs Eco Your Skin Layering Essence Ringer Drip - Whitening and Oily packaging pouch to bottle

Packaging

The essence comes in a heat sealed plastic pouch. Luckily it does come with a plastic bottle with a press-top cap for easy dispensing. I decided to cut off the smallest of corners to make the transferring job easier but I still inevitably lost a bit of the product along the way. While the idea is novel and time it takes to fill the bottle short, it does require some extra work before use.

The bottle type gets the job done but it definitely isn't my favorite. Pressing the cap tends to create a back splash. The stream of product that comes out also gets messy unless you have a cotton to catch everything.

lavlilacs Eco Your Skin Layering Essence Ringer Drip - Whitening and Oily swatch

Color, Texture, Finish, & Scent

The liquid is is not colorless or orderless, instead it varies depending on the skin concern ("flavor") the pouch says it will target. Whitening is cloudy white in color and has a perfume-y floral scent. Oily is green-tinged in color and has a witch hazel/herb-y scent. Even though neither have alcohol in its formulation, both still give a similar effect in the sense that it feels a little cooling and refreshing after wiping.

Even though it looks and acts like water, the essence itself does leave a tacky finish until it is completely absorbed into the skin (and maybe evaporated into the air). My skin is left feeling a little more hydrating and softer than if I hadn't use it.

How I Apply

Saturate a cotton with the essence. Wipe my face and neck.

Thoughts & Recommendations

I don't quite like the Layer Essence Ringer Drip for what it is labeled as.

The scents for Whitening and Oily are way too strong for me to use in multiple layers as one typical would with essence-type products; both remind me of a cross between very strong perfume and rubbing alcohol. The slight tackiness of the formulations also doesn't encourage me to use in a patting manner.

Knowing the retail price per pouch of "essence" liquid makes me not want to waste any by pouring it onto a cotton to wipe my face with. My only justification is I purchased these at a steep discount ($10 versus $50) during the Peach & Lily sale. I could, more easily, turn a blind eye in order to quickly use the product up.

Since I use so little product each application, I don't think I am a good representation of how both worth for helping whitening or oily skin. Both act relatively the same as a toner and did well to remove rogue makeup and dirt. Neither made my skin sensitive or excessively matte and dry. Had I not looked at the ingredients list afterward, I would have thought the only differences were in color and smell.

I think it is very telling that I did not repurchase these despite seeing them again this year at the Peach & Lily sale. Not that the Layering Essence Ringer Drip are bad. Just that they aren't as special as I thought it would be. For othe price price, I would invest in a more concentrated serum/ampoule and a less scented, more hydrating toner/essence.

0 comments: