Empties from the last half of 2011

6:57:00 PM mandy 16 Comments

So many other bloggers shared their amazing finished products lists for the last couple of days. It reminded me of all the empties that I had in comparison...haha. My collection is very modest, embarrassingly to say. For the last 6 months, I was only able to complete 10 products. Many that I have currently are on the verge of being finished as I type this, but I tend to leave them hanging because I think I'll get to reviewing it soon so I'll need to revisit the product...My bad procrastinating habit got the best of me. *sigh*


What I was able to finish:

1. Garnier Fructis Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
I got this, I believe, shortly after it came out and many people started to review the product. I thought it was okay while it lasted. It was nothing to run and scream about. It made my skin nice and soft after I applied it, but didn't do much for my flakiness during the winter months that I used it. Also, if I remember correctly, it contained alcohol (?) of some sort which made the product dry down ("soak in") quickly but I'm pretty sure it's not good in the long run...I will not repurchase this because I like something better :] and this was just an average product for me.

2. H2O+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment
I've reviewed it already. Click to see review!

3. H2O+ Night Oasis Oxygenating Rejuvenator
Same as No.2 :]

4. H2O+ Face Oasis Cleansing Water
Click click click! ^^

5. Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub
This was my first lip scrub and it wasn't a very pleasant experience. It smelled and tasted nice...since it was basically just sugar and some oils, I assume, put together. But it didn't really do anything in the exfoliating department. I would rub and rub until my fingers were sore and the chapped skin on my lips just wouldn't come off. I had better luck rubbing my lips with my fingers =X Also...maybe it was just this particular version...but the product had a lot of stages. First, the texture felt nice and fine. As I finished the topmost layer it started to I guess dry out and become rather chunky and difficult to use. When I dumped that layer out it became the slightly emollient texture it originally was. I think for the price, I could have just used sugar I had around my house and it may have worked as well...However, I am considering trying the Bon Bon lip scrub just out of curiosity heh =]

6. Crabtree & Evelyn Citron, Honey, & Coriander Skin Quenching Body Lotion (mini-size)
I found a few of these lotions hanging around and decided to give it a try as a hand lotion. And I LOVE how it soaks in without leaving a film of any sort!! This rarely happens for me with lotions (I wonder why...). The only negative is it's not a one time use and bye bye dryness sort of product. I have to keep remembering to reapply to keep my hands nice and soft. However, layering doesn't seem to leave a film either so it's alright (for me)! Also...Crabtree & Evelyn is on the expensive side so I am a little more hesitant on buying the full sized. I probably will though despite that fact. Right now I'm just deciding on whether or not to try a different version since I have some more of the Citron ones at home. Any recommendations?

7. Genie in a Bottle Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Serum
I finally got around to start using this serum when the Fall season kicked in. Although the weather was oddly warm for the past couple of months, my skin still suffered (in addition to using an anti-spot treatment again). I went through one of the four bottles that came in the set and I can say that I like it. It helps keep my face moisturized, but it isn't deep moisturizing. Because after I wash my face and such it would be dry again =.= But whenever I put it on, my skin feels very soft and supple. But just for the fact that it has a low price for 4 30ml bottles of serum, I would consider repurchasing. My one complaint is after I opened the second bottle, I actually had to pour the product into the empty bottle because the dropper wouldn't fit into the new container. If I was rash and threw the empty bottle away I wouldn't have any way to keep the new one closed.

8. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick
This was one lip product that I really liked. If I remember correctly, I kept my lips very soft and moisturized without drying it out. Due to the size of the swivel stick, I found it hard to finish completely because the product wouldn't completely swivel back down and I had to forcibly close the cap to prevent it from drying. It created quite a mess. I do not know if it's because mine was faulty or not but that was the only unpleasant part of this product. There may be a smaller lip balm version of the product but I'm not too sure if it's still around. I may repurchase this if I come across it (it was difficult to find!) but not soon since I have a gazillion other lip balms to finish up.

9. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream for Face SPF55 PA+++
Sunscreen takes forever for me to complete. I was very glad I finished this one! Not because it was bad but because I was tired of it and wanted to try something new =X I really think this product worked because while I was using this my face stayed pretty light throughout the summer and my doctor kept saying I was Vitamin D deficient. The only thing really bad about this product was the white cast it could leave behind if not blended well. After I apply this my face does look rather white...but that could also be because I tend to apply it heavy-handed. I may go back to this product. Depending on if I come across something I like better or not.

10. Hada Labo Tamagohada Daily Face Wash
A cleanser that I really liked! I was very sad when it got to its end...I've had many good skin days with this product. Although it didn't give me the hard-boiled egg skin that I was hoping for haha It also doesn't completely stop me from breaking out but my skin felt very clean and fresh whenever I used it. The main winning point was it did not dry my skin out. This is also rare when I use cleansers =.= I just wish it was easier to get and the price isn't so jacked up. *sigh*

11. Laneige Pore Trouble Cleanser
Click!!! :D
It isn't shown in the picture because I cut it open to get the last bits of it...but my mom thought it was garbage after a couple of days =.=

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for your reviews! :) I honestly felt they were so helpful. I really want to try the Genie in a Bottle serum. It's rare to find anything this inexpensive these days. I feel the same about the Shiseido sunscreen. I really liked it a lot until near the 80% mark..i got sick of the smell :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy Days and Lattes: I'm glad it was able to help! :] Better to have a shorter review than not having any at all hehe Genie is a Bottle product reviews are so difficult to find! I only found out about them because of xppinkx I'm thinking of trying the Arbutin serum next if I can get my hands on them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice empties! i tried that Hado Labo wash but did not like it =( if i have things that I want to finish but have yet to review, bring them all out, take all the photos in 1 day then just get rid of em and review em later =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilladylife: At least you've found other cleansers that work better for you! :] Thanks for the advice! I should get around to doing that soon since I have a lot of free time left before the Spring semester starts xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like seeing empties posts! I was thinking about trying the Lush lip scrubs but I think you convinced me not to get it :) Don't be ashamed of your modest collection! To each their own and really, most people only need a few beauty items. But we junkies tend to get carried away :X

    ReplyDelete
  6. AngelicBetrayal: Me too! Always an encouragement :D I'm still on the lookout for lip scrubs if I come across anything I'll definitely let you know! I'm a junky that needs to start using more of what I have haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I counted 10(?) empties? That's a good number for an empties post!

    I love the HadaLabo cleanser. The day I run out will be the day I break out like crazy! *Pray it never happens*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley: 10 for the past 6 months! xD I'm thinking of buying a backup of the cleanser incase something goes wrong when I'm trying other ones hehe Must stock up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many H2O products, I've always wondered about that brand, I'm going to have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's ok. I didn't use up a lot of products either...lol. ;) You made me LOL when you said your doctor kept saying you were Vitamin D deficient. That is some sunblock! XD I am using Shiseido's Urban Environment sunscreen now and love it.

    Hope you had a happy new year!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. MissFeelo: If only it wasn't so expensive I'd get a backup of the hydrating treatment! I'm still curious about their other lines though :D Maybe in the future! haha Which products caught your eye?

    BEAUTIFUL CANVAS: Thanks!! I've missed blogging..Was only able to read others for the past few months :(

    Shop N' Chomp: Heh Maybe it isn't all the sunscreen xD I don't go out into the sun a lot but I guess when I do this protects me hah

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you did finish up a lot of products! congratulations! i know how rewarding it feels to finish a product! esp when you buy too fast haha :D I love what you did with your shiseido SPF though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kumiko Mae: Hmm I guess I did compared to the year before haha This year I shall make it my goal to use more! :P And I saw other bloggers cut their products open so I used the idea myself. Surprisingly, if I remember correctly, there wasn't too much product left inside! xD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey you changed your layout!! =D I like!!! ^___^

    I LOLed when you said your fingers would have worked better than the lip scrub... XD

    I recently acquired some LUSH products (for the first time!!!) and honestly I think they are really nice, but kind of overrated... :P or maybe I just had the bad luck to try out the products that aren't as good XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Frances: Thanks! I was tired of the old one. Had it for a little too long :P But finding a template that I like took forever! LOL I'm not kidding haha After I brush my teeth and wash my face the chapped skin on my lips are usually soft enough for me to just rub it away with my finger =.= I've only tried a few Lush products and can't say I've loved any of them. Maybe the both of us haven't been too lucky with lush products :(

    ReplyDelete